Originally Posted by rifle
The Ruger RSI went for a walk this week in the deer woods. I went out with 6 rounds and returned with same. Watched a 4 point,but he wasn't done growing yet. I hope he didn't get into the gun fight over the hill from me?
I like these things,I like to walk,sit and glass,move again. You do have to accept them for what are,they're not target or bench rifles,they are walking guns.

One of mine is a Remington Custom Shop Model Seven in 7mm-08. I traded for it because the deal was right, I love Mannlicher stocks (you either love 'em or hate 'em...not much in between) and I thought it would be a handy walking around rifle. It shoots silver box Wal Mart 140gr Winchester Power Points going 2680fps (+/- 20 fps!) into 2" AT 200 YARDS, and 140gr Hornady Light Mags chrono 2950 fps, though the group opens up a little. It wears a Leupold VX-3 2.5-8x with Boone & Crockett BDC reticle. If I load 140gr Nosler Partitions or 100-130 Barnes TSX, tell me what I can't kill with this rig. This performance has really made me rethink my ideas about needing my 270 for longer range. The truth is, my 270 doesn't group any better than this, and the bullet trajectories are amazingly similar.

No, if I ever go on a brown bear hunt, it stays in the safe. I may be a rifle loony but I'm not totally crazy!