I recently responded to some posts about the 9422's expressing how much I liked them. Another poster (Gregor) informed me of some discussion of the 9422's being discontinued. He posted a link to another site that talked about it. I read what everyone said on the topic in disbelief. I called Winchester customer service only to find that it is true. looks like plans are for 2005 to be the last year of production qty for the 9422 & the qty is down. After that it will only be small collector runs. If you're a 9422 fan like I am & you have kids/grandkids..... Well, I'll be hitting the stores looking to scoop up what ever I can afford. Dang it, you know how it goes, when they are gone they become legends sought after by those who otherwise would not have been interested. You know guys, I wish my father would have had the insight to try to stick away a few firearms of our past that have since been dropped. A new in the box brass roller savage 99 in 300 sav sure would have been appreciated by me today, as well as a couple of the rimfire colt pistols, woodsman, targetsman, oh man. You guys know what I'm talking about, Remington nylon 66, Winchester 88 lever, maybe it�s a tube feed JC Higgins rimfire, heck what ever. Everyone has an eye on a firearm that dad or grandpa has that you just can't get anymore.
I can't afford it, I know I cant. But I'll do my best to locate what I can & slap a few nickels down to hold em in my name. I'll pick away till they are paid for & I'll stick em away for my kids. I guess personally I just love that 9422M in the traditional styling. That's what I'm looking for, wish me luck.
Winchester, you just broke my heart.

Something clever here.