I'll maybe go & pick up my "Cinderella story" 9422M Yellowboy this weekend. I made a quick sale on a little ruger MKII .22 pistol so I could slap some money down on the little Yellowboy. Now some things have come together for me money wise so I think I can go in & pay off the little yellowboy & also replace the little ruger pistol I sold in order to hold the yellowboy in my name. I sold a standard MKII Ruger blued pistol in fair condition for $200. Now I've found a new MKII stainless 5 1/2" bull barrel target .22 for $285 at the same store that has the yellowboy. I think I'll try to pick both up this weekend. Cinderella story indeed, I intended to upgrade my standard model MKII for a longer heavier barrel some day anyways, never thought I'd find a new stainless unit in my price range to fit the bill. Happy ending, big smiles, tears of joy..... ok, no tears but I'm pretty happy still the same. My oldest boy is 7 years old soon to be 8. Now I just have to stuff that new yellowboy to the back of the safe for a few years & it will be his on a birthday when I feel he is ready to fully appreciate it & able to safely handle a lever/hammer gun. (he's got a Marlin stainless "buckaroo" single shot bolt action .22 in the safe right now and has been learning responsible handling & use with it since he was 5.)
I've got a daughter too, age 11 who does well with the shooting/safe handling as well. They share that little single shot buckaroo. Her interest in hunting is questionable, her interest in spending time with dad is certainly not questionable. So I have to figure out what to do for her, I'm thinking a nice single shot .410 for grouse hunting with dad. I don't see her going out hunting on her own but I know she would like to tag along with me if I go. (I've got a beautiful Winchester 370 model single shot .410 from the late 60's early 70's erra that you would think is brand new, it might be just what she needs for hunting with dad.)
The boy shows more passion for hunting/shooting & a specific admiration for my own 9422M traditional, he has stated that when he grows up he's going to get one like mine. Well he's going to get one alright, a brand new one like dad's only his will be the yellowboy version. He has no idea & I have no plans to tell him until I think he's ready. Then there is the baby boy, 1 year old, who knows what his interests will be. So far he seems to be a mirror image of his older brother so I suspect I should be thinking of him too as a future hunter.

Something clever here.