We sell a ton load of 25/06 every year, it is such a good round and will work quite well on elk.

A lot of people come in looking for a entry level 243 and we chat about it a bit and they most always walk out with a 25. And you would be amazed to see how many are in use in this country by the very experienced and for all that comes there way.

Another super round is the 260, (a bit tough to sell) but it is one heck of a round. As much as I like the 243 it is quite a bit shy of these other rounds.

The 243 will work, in my wifes 6/06 we load the 85 TS and she has no problems with most all that moves. If we were not such fans of the 6/06 we would defianately be using 25/06's.

I've also seen quite a few elk taken with the 22/250 and the Swift. Get that head in behind the front shoulder and it is lights out Irene. This round is only for the very disciplined but it will do just fine.

Twer it me for the youngster I'd definately be pushing for a Tikka T3 in a 25/06.

Have a super X-Mas gang!

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dogz

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy