Good point.

I didn�t say you can�t shoot well with a break (your wife has most likely shot a lot more then my 10 year old nephew). I am stating that �young� hunters (which I think this thread is about) are often more sensitive to noise and muzzle blast than to slightly more recoil. Like you, I don�t really notice muzzle blast when I am shooting at game, but you and I have shot a lot of centerfire rounds over the years and pretty much know what to expect when we squeeze the trigger. This is all fairly new to young hunters. Also, I think kids are a lot more sensitive to stronger pressure waves and noise then us old farts. I was at the range with my six year old and he had earplugs and headphones on and commented that every time the guy next to me pulled the trigger his body shook and he could feel it in his chest. I asked him if my gun was as loud and he said not even close. The guy was shooting a 7mag with a muzzle brake and I was shooting a 300 wby without a break. Kids can tell the difference even when wearing hearing protection. I just think young ears and muzzle breaks are a bad combination