Just as a side note to this with magnaport.

at one time I had a model 70 300 weatherby rifle 26" barrel. My best hunting partner liked it so well he bought the exact same gun and scope combination. He actually made an X under the front of the stock so we could tell them apart.

He somehow got this wild idea to send it off for magnaport. When it returned we went to the range and shot for a few hours. The only difference we felt between the two identical rifles with the same handloads was the slight pressure on your face from the muzzle blast of the magnaported rifle, and a little more noise. Watching each other shoot we also agreed that the magnaport muzzle jump was a bit less off the bags. Maybe 2" less.

However there was absolutely zero difference in felt recoil. Neither of us could feel even a tiny difference between the two guns. Since this revelation we have both spoken to a number of folks who have had the four port magnaport cut into their barrels and none expressed any reduction in recoil. Muzzle lift was noticed by most, but recoil reduction is non-existant. I think you would need some calibrated test equiment to prove one way or the other. No human shoulder could "feel" enough of a difference.

Magnaport makes a system called "Magnabrake" which is an actual muzzle brake and works wonderful. The "Magna-port" is a waste of time effort and shipping expense. I don't know a single person who has sent them their rifle and had it returned to be happy with the recoil reduction it provided.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)