Huntaria Setters,
My post was definately not directed at you, that remark in reference to "minute of grapefruit", "minute of buffalo" was actually perpetuated by a well know gun writer and African hunter, and then another gun scribe and it took hold and became gospel for double rifle accuracy and it was a BS remark and fundamentally wrong, and that was my response to the remark by the writters not to you...It is often used in all double rifle conversations unfortunatly..sorry if you took it personally and I apoligize for that.

AJ,
You WILL NOT detach a retina with a .470, it takes a lot more recoil than a .470 to detach a retina, unless you just had surgery..That is a rumor that has been floating around for a couple of years and its just false...I know of only one case in history wherein that took place and the guy was shooting a 505 gibbs IMP. in a 5.5 Lb. rifle, and the recoil in that rifle was so intense it severed a heavy pair of plastic glasses in half on the bridge of my nose with the scope..I was the shooter..The guy I sold the rifle to was a recoil buff that had recent surgery..that gun had more recoil than any 600 N. E. had when it doubled..it was awesome. Lots of .470 have doubled and no eye damage. I have had that happen of several ocassion..don't worry about it.

Also you got your groups down to 3 inches and 2.5 inches. Not too shabby but do you know where you are with 2.5 inches? The only way to know where you are and what your gun is capable of is to shoot a 4 shot group with each individual barrel..THE BARREL THAT SHOOTS THE WORST! is the best your gun will ever shoot with whatever load you settle on. Your worst barrel may only shoot 2.5 iches in which case your finished and all you need to do is adjust your sights to zero...