Originally Posted by atkinson
The double rifle is shadowed in myth and misinformation such as IMR-4831 will split barrels or blow up guns from a double explosion, but I have never been able to varify that with anything but "well I know a guy" or "my uncle charley did it" etc. and I have tried for years to varify one proven case, no luck... Another myth that is simply hogwash is that you must shoot a double with the front trigger then the rear trigger (ritht left) as that is how it was regulated..I have done it both ways many times and there is no difference in any double I have ever shot and that is a bunch of double rifles..In fact I always shoot the rear trigger first, as on ocassion if you shoot the front one first then sooner or later your finger will come off the front trigger and hit the rear and you will get a double bang, and it will kick the liveing s---t out of you! smile ..

Well, IMR 4831 problems is one I hadn't heard!

I've never seen any difference between shooting the left barrel first either. Although, and while its hard to believe, the only time I ever saw a .470NE double was when a guy said he'd pulled the rear trigger first. I sure wish I had a camera. His glasses were blown completely off his face and I'm not sure his hair wasn't standing up too!