I think they are.

I bought one in .308 last fall. It does not shoot as well as some I hear about but it's more than ok. I've shot the hell out of it seeking accuracy. It's good at 200 I haven't had a calm day to try it at 300 yet. I don't believe, with the load it likes for accuracy, it has the velocity remaining at 400 yards to expand my bullet reliably.

I've never shot a moose, but if I were serious about a moose and really thinking 300 yards was possible, I'd skip the .308 family, 84M, and go to the 8400M in a WSM.

If I were to go buy a Kimber montana 8400 in a WSM as a general purpose hunting rifle, I would go with the .325 WSM, not the .300.

Boy, at the same time, I know a couple people who have had Kimbers that did not shoot worth a crap and Kimber didn't want to stand behind their product too badly, so while a good idea they are a little bit of a gamble. I can't suggest anything better, though. I've had real problems with Remington lately, Ruger before that .. long runs of good guns, then all of the sudden it seems like the whole brand goes sour.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...