Originally Posted by 264guy
Frito,

I don't see anybody putting new synthetic stocks on their A7's and haven't heard a singe report of them not shooting well. Can't say that about Kimbers and of course you also have to worry about feeding issues with them as well. For half the price, I'd say the A7 is by far the better deal - at least you know it will shoot and even if you wanted to add a different stock to it you would still have less $ into the investment than a Kimber that may or may not shoot and may or may not feed properly.

You dont seem get it,rifles with quality stocks like the one on the Kimber,McMillans and others compared to the A7 or any other factory tupperware stock is not really a fair comparison. They are not the same creature, one is tupperware plastic (A7) and the others are fiberglass, or some composite fiber other than plastic. Its just a personal feel thing for guys that prefer to stock their rifles with quality stocks. My first Kimber was the deal breaker for me, I fell in love with the way that stock felt, how it didn't have the hollow plasticy noise to it when you bumped something, and the texture feel to it. I bought 5 McMillans after I bought my Kimber.All I had ever owned was tupperware plastic stocks. It is just preference thing, a good shooting gun is a good shooting gun, but having one that feels good, is made of quality materials and also shoots good, well thats the best of both worlds.