I think the Kimber Montana is one of the great bargains going.

I like the A7 and the T3 - own and use both, but the Montana is a different animal.

There's a bit more to the stock discussion, IME. The Montana stock not only has a better feel than tupperware, it is also much stronger - if I'm on a lifetime hunt in a rough area, I'm a lot more confident a Montana or a McMillan clad 700, etc. is going to survive whatever comes - if I fall with one, give me quality every time.

Moreover, the Kimber stock tames recoil like nothing I've used. My Montana 300 WSM is significantly lighter than my T3 270 Win, but does not seem to recoil any more - even with the limbsaver I put on the T3. My 7-08 literally feels like I'm shooting a 243 - all in packages so light that they should really stomp you.

The Kimber is devoid of plastic, has the 3 position Model 70 style safety, has the best trigger I've found on any factory rifle, and all of mine shoot sub MOA with multiple loads. They are beautifully balanced and handle like a dream - especially the 84M's.

If they need some attention, usually bedding solves any problems - hardly unique or difficult in most cases - and QC seems to have improved - one doesn't hear many stories about bad shooting newer Montanas.

They are fantastic rifles - especially if a guy can pick them up for $700-800 used like I did on two of mine - proven shooters with low round counts off the 'Fire, of course.

There are not many ways to get as light as a Montana, if one is truly seeking a lightweight rifle - and getting there is very expensive.

Even at full price, I think they are an excellent value.

DJ