Originally Posted by 264guy
Frito,

To me it's just the opposite. I love the feel of the A7 stock. The rifle balances well and it just feels good to me. The Kimber stock on the other hand is the worst feeling stock I ever put to my shoulder. It just doesn't fit. The only Kimber I ever owned I sold without ever shooting it because it felt so crappy to me and I knew I could never love it. I bought it from someone off the fire used and so I didn't have a chance to feel it before I bought it. I showed it to my brother and he shouldered it and said "oh, that feels like chit".

and the Kimber stock fits me perfect and is of better quality than the A7.....all i find says the rifle averages 6.5 pounds empty no scope(BTW unless im blind Beretta is the only rifle manufacturer ive seen that doesnt list weight in the specs on their website, had to skim through 6 reviews of the rifle to find the weight)....my Kimber with steel mounts, a 6x36 Leupold, 4 260 rounds in the mag and a sling comes in at 6 pounds 14 ounces.....the A7 may be a nice gun but its still not a fly weight, empty it weights only 7 ounces less than mine ready to hunt.....

if the Sako fits you better and you like it better by all means buy it, use it, hunt with it but it still isnt in the same class as the Kimber.....only two other rifles in the Kimber class that i can think of, the Remmy Ti after you put an McMillian Edge one it and a NULA......for the money the Kimber is a hell of a deal....if you want fly weight AND great accuracy you fork over the cash and get a NULA....

my Kimber puts the first mag worth of hunting rounds where i need it to go, weights less than anything else ive hunted with and the gun fits me perfect and balances nicely in my arms when thin barreled Remington 7's and Ruger Compacts dont...

hunt with what you like but trying to defend the A7 against the Kimber when your comparing an injection molded plastic stock to one that is Kevlar and carbon fiber and starts off a pound lighter than the other.....they are different animals.....if yah like one over the other, buy it and hunt with it but your not comparing apples to apples....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books