Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by WGM
John:

I have no dog in this fight, and will try to offer an unbiased opinion on why so many here seem to have an issue with your pricing. If I were going to "obtain" (from scratch) a "long range precision hunting rifle setup", here's the breakdown for me (and I'll err toward the high cost side of the equation if I do err in my cost breakdown) ...

1. Rem700 stainless steel action - $400
2. McMillan stock - $500
3. Premium match grade SS barrel with flutes - $350
4. True action face, bolt face, chase tenon threads, chamber, fit & time barrel to action - $250
5. Glass & pillar bed bbl'd action into stock - $150
6. Premium set of rings & 20MOA base - $200
7. Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40 with BDC dials specific for my pet load - $1000 (I hate the 4.5-14x Leupolds, and totally disagree with anyone that says more magnification is necessary, or even very useful, for shooting big game out to about 7-800 yards)
8. 100 rounds of ammo - $250
9. Jewel trigger - $200

The above list comes to a cost of $3300,

Just about everything in your list is a lowball, "buddy" price, if it can be had at all.

Once again some more BS from someone who hasn't a clue.

I don't have a clue, huh. You also suggested in the same post that a 3.5x10 Leupy was all you need to shoot long range. That proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you are full of schit 'cause that is not a side focus scope, and you probably don't even know what that is, or why NO ONE who knows what they are doing, attempt shots past 4-500 with out one.