Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Originally Posted by rost495
Never seen barrel break in hurt anything... and not breaking in sure gave me a fouler barrel once....

Serious questions here........

How do you know not "breaking in" caused the barrel to be a fouler???

How do you know it wouldn't have been a fouler even if you had done your break in procedure??

If breaking in a barrel simply cleans up reamer marks left in the throat, wouldn't the fouler barrel have "broken in" eventually??? In other words, if it fouled because you didn't do the break in to smooth the throat, why did it continue to foul after you shot it enough to smooth the throat??

I don't know that it wouldn't have fouled anyway.. but having used 11 other barrels of the exact same make on our rifles prior to this one.... the ones broken in did not foul.

The main point though is I"ve never had breaking one in hurt anything... and its done while setting the gun up on the bench here. I"m kinda lucky that I have benches at 100,200,300 and 600 right out my door here, so its just as easy to grab the gun, scope and tools and go do it and test some loads right away.... 1-5 single shots to get it centered.. and a few 3 shot test groups... settle on something, grab a 5 shot group.... You can't hurt a tube if you clean it correctly... correctly though is the catch....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....