To be fair,JB never mentioned North Fork bullets once in that quote and the thread was about bullets for Whitetails.

One of the reasons some bullets cost a lot is because the manufacturing process is much slower than with bullets that are made in larger factories with faster machinery. Just because such a bullet costs twice as much as another bullet doesn't mean it's twice as good--and sometimes it isn't even as good as some bullets costing less. If you prefer to pay for inefficient manufacturing, fine, but don't try to tell me cost is the absolute criteria of any bullet, because it isn't.

I don't have a clue how hunting is in Montana or Colorado but I do for Idaho.Here we hunt both Deer and Elk at the same time and a Deer bullet isn't always the best choice for Elk nor is an Elk bullet the best for Deer..That is the major reason my bullet choice is Nosler Partitions.They open up easily but penetrate better than most making it in my opinion,a great bullet choice if your hunting both on the same hunt.

If I was hunting Deer only..I would probably use the old Sierra and never look back.Premium bullets are not needed for Deer..Period...

If I missed the quote that included North Forks being inefficiently manufactured,point me to it or quote it.I to am a North Fork fan and happen to like MB.

Jayco