Spotshooter: I have and have owned MANY really accurate 22 rimfires.
I have two Kimber heavy barrel models that are sublime. I have two REALLY accurate (and relatively cheap back when I began shooting these!) Winchester Model 75's.
I have also owned several Winchester Model 52's - but they are so pricey anymore that they are not often seen out in "Hunting" type terrain.
I have owned several Anschutz rimfires and they are impressively accurate.
Another splendidly accurate rimfire Rifle I have Hunted with was a Remington Model 37. I wish I had that one back for the Gopher Wars I enjoy so much these days.
But the most consistent and reliable 22 rimfire I have used to date has to be my Remington 40X with 27 1/4" barrel.
This Rifle is just wonderful to use afield - it TEACHES you how the 22 bullets fly (drift and drop) in the slightest of conditions and changes in distance. Even with a few select Hunting type cartridges (high speed hollow-points!) it attains superb accuracy. The trigger on my 40X is in no need of any type of improvement.
I highly recommend the Remington 40X rimfire - they are great guns and a great investment.
I also think their "mass" (weight) is very advantageous to their field accuracy (Hunting situations).
Best of luck with whichever "accurate Hunting 22 rimfire" you might choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy