dont see how you can feel a bump in the middle of the stroke of a 1oz'r

It took a few hundred rds for me to grow into the Anschutz trigger. If they are good enough for world class shooters, I figured there must be a few reasons. Several friends have given it try and are not comfortable at all. They are not as demanding of their rifles though as I am, and they have not endured for several hundred rounds either.

To begin with, one does not approach the trigger until he is absolutely on target. For me the secret is to use the same portion of ones trigger finger that he would use to feel for imperfections in a smooth surface (i.e. the tip of the first joint). The second joint that many use is not sensitive enought to exploit the trigger's potentials. Much the same reason that we should feather our brake pedals with our toes rather than the middle of ones arch when driving in slick conditions.

A second aspect is to approach the trigger from the rear and the side. That is, ones finger is actually moving forward as it's inserted into the trigger guard. He first touches the side of the trigger and then flows around to the forward surface. With a blind approach from the front, many set it off before they realize they've even engaged its surface.

I bring that unit to hunter safety classes (it can be snapped with firing pin removed), and it certainly raises the students' eyebrows.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/10/11.

1Minute