Okay, so I will throw this out there and see what happens, good or bad. Just don't blast me for saying this, however I do believe its true. I just wanted to post this here because I'm interested in getting some help.

The most accurate 22 rimfire rifle I have ever seen perform consistently with a old cheap 4x scope has to be my Dad's J.C. Higgins Model 103.229. He told me it was the first gun he ever bought in 1958. It only cost him $25 with the scope. Still has all the original parts and scope on it, and has never failed to fire. I would be willing to put that gun up against any modern 22 rimfire rifle even a bolt action 22. It will put bullets through the same holes from the bench at 50 to 75 yards. It is truly a fine firearm in my opinion.

I am currently looking to upgrade the original scope on it to something newer but all the receiver mounts nowadays are 3/8in and this one is 1/2 or 12.7mm dovetail grooves. I am not about to tap the receiver or do anything like that would alter it from it's original condition. Anybody know where I can find some of these dovetail ring mounts.

Sorry to interject on the topic but I had to add my opinion and wanted some help.

"Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty".