I've been working up a brown bear load for my marlin. After doing a little research and talking to Marshall Stanton at. www.beartoothbullets.com He's been fooling around with heavy hardcast bullets for prolly 20 years and is more than glad to help a guy out. (call and talk to him for the straight scoop!) phone number is on the web site.
I'm using 425 grain piledriver jrs. Starline brass is really good stuff but Marshall said my remington brass is fine. He also gave me several specific loads to try.
425 grain piledrivers jrs (sized .460 this is important!)
Winchester large rifle primers
(if buying new) get starline brass but don't sweat it
H322 is the powder
I loaded up some from 48 to 53 grains
At less than 50 grains you are not even creating enough pressure to seal the chamber 100%(a little black around the case mouth) at 51 to 53 grains you better have your chin strap on! I have to borrow a buddies chrono so I have no data on fps but I can tell that I'm most likely going to settle on about 51 or 52 grains of H322.That should get me a through and through on a brownie. Also keep in mind that while your rifle might and prolly will shoot jacketed bullets very well, you may have to firelap the bbl to shoot clover leaf 100 yard groups with hardcast bullets in your marlin. The bbls have constrictions were the dove tails are cut for the rear sight and also were the mag tub is attached. Get with beartooth bullets and have fun!

Last edited by Donner; 01/21/11.