How many have or will ever actually GO DGR hunting, refering to the "dark continent" type or large bear, yet the forums are full of tons of "stuff" on the subject.

Funny thing is, I've shot more deer and relieved more downed cattle with a 22LR than I have with any of the dozens of shooters I've have/had over the years. I even dusted a medium sized black bear with a 38 SP when it was tearing up my trash bin and wouldn't leave. It was young, starving, dangerous and not afraid and much better off dead than getting tangled up with some kid, dog, or other ranch animal. If I had known it was a bear I would have grabbed my 12 ga loaded with buck and slugs instead of a pea shooter. blush

There are ranches around the area I live that raise bison for hunting and meat, just like cattle. You can stand by the fence and have a 2000lb bull come up and eat hay or lick salt out of your hand. They just stand around grazine while someone "hunts" one already picked out by the rancher...and paid upwards of $2500 for the "priviledge"...I don't call that hunting, but it does give a good idea of what a 45 cal is capable of...at least.

I won't go into the woods during hunting season because idiots run up and down the dirt roads on ATV's and pickups and the dust is so bad you can't see anything much anyway...the pall of dust hangs over the mountains for two weeks and you can walk across the mountains from one valley to another on the tops of campers and motorhomes. Things have sure changed over the past 50 years.

The 45-70 or 450 Marlin cartridges have plenty of pizzzaz for most large game animals world wide coupled with the correct bullet, dangerous or otherwise, but it is an oxymoron to mention levergun and DGR in the same breath...I want something with A LOT MORE whackdoodle, thank you. If I happen to get in the "sh**" and that's all I had to work with, calling a time out to run home and get my REAL DGR might not work. Hahahahahah

I guess we all need our fantasies to get through the day. whistle

I apologize for the rant, I need to lighten up. blush Hahahahaha

Luck