Originally Posted by bxroads
rost, just ask the guys that shot with him in the "Lets meet in Montana" thread what their impression of John is. However, I feel that the only answer you will accept is the one you want to hear.

No not at all. I think you have me totally mispainted here. I have no beef with John other than what he charges for a rifle. ANd that fact that he indicates its the only way to go. When in reality there are other ways to do it htat have worked for years, and are actually a bit, IMHO, better rather than dialing in 600 yards and then taking off X clicks due to conditions, I'd just as soon dial it in after my calcs give me the answer.

I've never said he couldnt' shoot either.

I simply wanted a link as to where was this match or get together thing... now I know what to look for and will see if I can do a read up on it.

Bottom line for my complaining about greybull stuff... when you sell a rig for 6000 bucks but it can be done as well or better all day long with a 3000 dollar rig, I think you'll see. Of course I don't drive a BMW etc and never would, there is no need for prestige with me. You need enough to get the job done but no more. And no I'm not saying well a 30-30 would work then...
BUT John has a right to charge what he wants. We just have the right to say folks, its advertising you don't have to spend that much if you don't want to.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....