Originally Posted by ColdBore
Funny.

I tried to buy a rifle a few years back at a pawn shop. The background check was taking a while, so the guy said "Go get some lunch and give me a call when you're done to see if it came through by then".

So I do. He tells me "Uh, you need to come back in here....".

My first thought was Hell No, not if the cops are waiting for me! laugh

When I get back, he tells me that *I* am fine, but the rifle had come up stolen. The police were on their way to pick it up.

Regardless, I still say the poster here should be fine. If somebody is intentionally and knowingly going to buy a stolen firearm, I'd think that the LAST thing they would do is transfer it through an FFL, leaving a solid paper trail to connect them to the gun.
That was coincidental to your NICS check. Pawn shops receive firearms and report their receipt to the BATFE. The BATFE gets back to them whenever. In your case the BATFE contacted the shop during the transfer.

There's not any special "mojo" that goes on when you buy a firearm from a pawn shop. The standard NICS check goes through at the federal level as with ALL FFLs plus whatever state bullshit is present. Which is not much in PA.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.