Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I kinda waded through all the "good" advice you received. I was a Deputy Sheriff in Texas for 16 years. Law Enforcement, frankly, won't care if you get reimbursed or not. They're involvement will be recovering the stolen firearm, and then trying to back track it in hopes of finding who stole it. It's really a rarity that stolen items are ever recovered, especially firearms. As far as invoking your 5th amendment rights, and hiring a criminal defense attorney if a peace officer happens to ask if you have the time...well, that's a bunch paranoid-fueled of hooeey.

My fancy bracelets, Being bullied once so wearing, NICS slow downs for ten years and steel bed for one night when I was merely in the wrong place at the wrong time and did not know how to play 'the game' were not paranoid hooey! "You have the right to remain silent" means something and is better said, "it is highly advisable to remain totally silent unless in the presence of an attorney representing your interests and rights"

PROBABLY not going to be anywhere like that in this case, just agreeing with others here about a general principle that can save a lot of grief.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500