Originally Posted by ColdBore
Originally Posted by Bricktop
The thread author lists his location as PA and so do you, hence my referencing it.
We don't have a high fence around our border. wink

(Besides, I lived in TN for about 12 years).

TN uses a state system, not sure if they run the serial number as well as the buyer? Anybody from TN familiar with the system?

I just find it too much of a coincidence that they were randomly told the gun was stolen, separate from my background check at the time of purchase, within that 30-45 minute window.

Could be wrong I guess...
I would imagine the more firearms transactions you're involved in over a lifetime would also equate to more unique situations in which you may find yourself involved.

Could your experience be explained by the pawn shop calling the firearm in and running their standard check on a new inventory item because they had a cash buyer present? Or maybe they hadn't heard anything back from when they turned over their new inventory serial numbers earlier and called to prod the person or office responsible for checking this data for them. Those two scenarios seem most likely. But no, serial number checks aren't part of the NICS process nor are they a requirement in most states as a condition of a sale.

As stated by another poster, firearms thefts aren't always reported when they occur and there isn't any "bat signal" immediately broadcast about a stolen firearm either.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.