Originally Posted by eyeguy
I dont like the 250s out of my 338 win mag. They do bite a little. The 210 ttsx go all the way through out to 450 yards+ and kick less.
If you were to ask me what bullet I would use to make the biggest nastty hole in a broadside elk I would tell you a 250 gr nos. partition. It will kill them dead.
I just likwe shootin the 210 ttsx very accurate in my gun and full penetration. Whats not to like.
For the guys that say if you are going to shoot anything less than a 225 in 338 you should just go with a 30 cal. I diagree, I like the bigger frontal area of the 338 and get full penetration. HOW AbOUT THAT!! :] :].

Funny, If I'm going to run a 200 or 220 gr bullets I'll grab my 300 win mag everytime. When I want to step up a bit I grab the 338 with 250's. Just makes sense, but like I said before the nice thing about 338 bullets is just about every one of them are elk killers. Its hard to go wrong with any bullet choice in this medium bore and when the 338 gets brought up you know there will be a difference of opinion in the bullet weights we like. Just personal preference, but we should all agree that the 338 is an elk killing machine when placed in the right hands whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA