Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

The 2.5-8 is a killer scope; I'm intimate with it. That's what was on the 7-08 until very recently and it's what was on the Kimber the year I got two elk and shot a deer in the ass with it.

Sometimes I hear guys talk about preferring the ER characteristics of the 3.5-10, and it does have the bigger objective. My only real beefs with the 2.5-8 are how short the ER gets at full power, and the Vari-X and VX-III's I've owned were serviceable but not great in low, grey light. I've not owned a VX3 yet.

As an aside I did an informal low light between the Swaro 3-10x42 I have and a 3-9 Conquest last night... the Swaro is going on one of the two rifles (it's currently on the 7-08) and I'm at least considering the Conquest for the Kimber due to it's long constant ER... anyway I'd done this before but I was immediately struck by how BRIGHT the Swaro was- even next to the very good Conquest! Since the Kimber is one of my main killing rifles I suspect the Swaro will end up there, but there's other factors at play (I'll be dialing this scope to heck and back, for one).

We just got a Cabelas here. I'm going to go compare the two Leup's side by side as best I can on one of those dummy stocks...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!