Dude......

Look for an old Grayling Bear on EBAY, or a pre chinese Martin to start out with. Both were great bows, made in the states by real craftsmen. Both will shoot not too far off the speeds you'd see with olympic limbs on ILF risers.

Since it'd be your first recurve, and if you take to it you'll buy a bigger badder assed one later, get something around 45-50 Lbs so you can shoot tons and learn form.

OR, buy one of Neil's new ILF risers and go that route. ( http://www.bpbows.com/modules/content/index.php?id=1 ) Its easy to move limbs for them on various archery forums. Then you've got flexibility for sure... Rock one set of 45-50 pound limbs for practice, and throw on a set of 60 pounders that are wicked fast for killing anything on the planet.

I will tell you that shooting a recurve is a commitment. You're going to have to stick with it a while and be patient. Its not anything like a compound, and if you ever get where you're busting nocks all the time at 30 yards with a stickbow, join the Olympic team.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall