Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I have shot most trad bows made. Nothing comes close to Dan Toelke's bows. You can spend more or less but you won't get better.

www.MontanaBows.com

Dan makes a damn great longbow. Truth is, out of all the guys building LBs (and I've shot just about all of them including ACS bows) I'd pick Dan everytime. But his recurves suck.

Then there's Schafer Silvertips.... They are hands down the best takedown recurve on the market, and I'll never be without at least one of Dave's bows. Stable, fast, smooth, and quiet all in one. Think of it as a Widow, with the limbs on the right side of the bow, that doesn't have that twang when you dump the string laugh Dave's longbows have never impressed me...

Pat, you never fail to suprise me... Never figured you for a trad guy... My brother's Schafer, "Double Haul", has one set of limbs that are 73# at 27" and the other set of limbs is 55 at 27" The same arrows through the screens, and the 73#ers are 8 FPS faster is all. Heavy limbs these days is a lifestyle choice. I'm a little jealous of guys that can tug 'em though. 3 AC seperations in my left shoulder means I get to shoot 60# limbs, and thats it. You need to hit the Barber Ranch shoot down on the Hungry Hollow Road next year. I'll be there

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall