Perhaps I am more cautious or conservative than most. Before investing in so different of a bow design - I have ONLY DAS Master Hunters - I suggest you try several different recurves, by brand, by riser length, by limb/overall bow length - you get the idea.

My thought is to sample a variety because while short bows are convenient, some archers find them more finicky to shoot. While longer limb sets may appear to propel arrows more consistently, excessive length may be - well - excessive on the hunt. Metal and wood risers feel and shoot differently from each other (I strongly prefer DAS's metal 17-inch risers of which I have too many?).

In the real world I question whether the superiority of foam core limb sets is significant compared with high-quality carbon/maple limb sets. And the question becomes more significant as your shooting weather degrades. Very cold temperatures favor the stability of carbon/maple limbs.

And if you are accustomed to using a release aid, you may want to check into two variations:
- Free Flight C-12 relax release (discontinued??) is a more instinctive aid than most others as it reduces your perceived draw weight by orienting muscles of your draw arm.

- Thumb ring is, in my experience, nearly a release aid - albeit much quicker and easier to use. Its main quirk is that it is more efficient when your bow is [intended for the] opposite hand - that is, if you normally shoot right-handed, thumb ring will work better were you shooting a left-handed riser.

Hope this helps.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell