Originally Posted by Prwlr
DaRanger

You haven't been posting for long here on the fire and your already on your way to being the LONEranger. The man calls himself "elkhuntingguide" why wouldn't you believe that he witnessed truck loads of elk taken? Then you assert that those bullets didn't come from the truck loads of elk that he showed you. At the rate your sticking your feet in your mouth your going to qualify for permanent disability pretty soon.

Da Ranger: Prwlr gives good advise.... smile

Not to preach, but there is a lot of "experience" on here....

..I know guys who think the AB is the "Second Coming",yet I have emails in my file from African pro's saying very firmly...."Don't send anymore"....I know other very experienced hunters who like them,and some who won't give you two cents for them.

Not to single out AB's of course,but they are the one's mentioned.There are even experienced people on here who won't go around the corner for a Barnes or a Partition shocked and cite good reason based on their experiences....is this to be discounted? I think not.... frown

Hang around here long enough and you'll conclude pretty quickly(if you have an open mind about it)that quite a few expanding bullets work well for lots of people.....

....and, while you may have your own favorite,about the time you have made up your mind it's the "best",or vastly superior to anything else, someone will come along to show the errors of your thoughts..... frown

For example,the AB is a good bullet.....assuming the tips don't snap off and stove up your action......just a sample of "one"....but worth noting. whistle

So,whatever it is that you have done with an AB, I am willing to bet 10-1 that someone else can come on here and cite similar experience with a Barnes, a Partition, an Aframe, a Berger,a Hornady, etc. Best to keep an open mind and not discount the experiences of others.....Just my own thoughts on the matter.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.