One thing is for sure.The 320 gr. Cast Performance bullets are NEVER going to shoot well in THIS rifle.I shot 3 of them in front of 41 gr. of 4198 at 80 yards off the bench this morning.The minimum distance between two shots was EIGHT inches.The maximum was THIRTEEN inches!Oddly enough , the one inch bull was more or less centered in the "group".

I know this sounds like a scope mounting problem...BUT......

I found some load recipes for the TC Contender in one of my Hornady books for a 240 gr jacketed bullet.I used that data for H110 and the 240 gr cast bullets from KEAD and loaded 3 rounds.I shot them from about 40 yards out my pickup window and was in the black with the first two and pulled the third.

Considering the distance from the front of the chamber to the aft-most port , establishing the twist rate with a cleaning rod is problematic.Besides , I don't care WHY it won't shoot the heavy cast bullets.It's enough to know that IT WON'T.

For those critical of "window shooting"; if a PD stays up long enough for me to park at the right angle and poke my 22 250 AI in his direction , if the range is 200 yards or less , you can hear the sweet sound of "taps" playing before I squeeze the round off.grin

I'm going to try some more of the 240 gr cast and get some 240 jacketed.

Anybody want to buy some 320 CP bullets ?

Or trade?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place