Originally Posted by mogwai
Most who shoot cast in a marlin 444 find that .432 size works best and that .429 will offer turrible results. What size are your cast boolits?

The 320 fr. Cast Performance are .432.

The 240 gr.Kead are .43005 .

I put the base , rings , and 1X4 luepold from 45 70 on this rifle , went to town and got another box of the Rem 240 gr. jacketed bullets and just got thru zeroing it at 80 yards off my portable bench.

I was shooting pairs and "walking" it into the bull and it was putting the pairs within an inch of each other , so it appears the barrel is OK as far as jacketed bullets are concerned.

I mounted the original scope with stuff I had laying around , and I suspect the base may have been moving slightly as I could only get one screw in the rear mounting holes.The setup I have on now is one my 'smith installed when he cut the barrel off and recrowned my 1895.

I'm obliged for all the suggestions.

I wonder how many Campfire members the swamprabbit has hunted with? Is that something "trolls" do?

I don't know much about this internet deal , but I was at this campfire when the kindling was still burning.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place