Yep!I even got pictures.I've got pictures showing all the targets when it was spraying instead of grouping.I had the pictures when Swamprabbit claimed I was lying.I just havn't uploaded them to photo bucket.

I carry a digital camera in my pickup most all the time.When something waaaaay out of the ordinary happens -like a modern rifle shooting this bad - I'll take pictures in case I want to illustrate a thread or make a point.

It was a combination of things:Switching shooting positions , ranges , and loads just made it harder to figure out.It must have been the scope base was loose , although it seemed tight even when I removed it.

I've not much experience shooting lever actions off the bench and I find that this one is more sensitive to forearm placement than even a Ruger No.1.That obviously doesn't explain the spraying , but I can get a 6 inch vertical variation by moving the front rest.

Anyhow : It will put two factory 240's in the black at 80 yards , about an inch between them.It puts 2 of the 320 gr. cast performance within an inch of each other but about 6 inches below the factory bullets.

The 240 cast won't shoot and I expect it's due to the smaller diameter as someone on here suggested.

I'm going to leave thi 1X4 leupold on it and just let my 45 70 take a rest this Fall .I'll get the old Redfield back from repair by next Fall.

I'll soon find out what the 320 CP's will do to a hog.

THAT's when I'll post some pictures!

Thanks to all .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place