Originally Posted by BC30cal
trouthunterdj;
I ran a pair of these Hood Winter Lights for years here in southern BC.

http://www.danner.com/hood-winter-lighttm-200g-hunting-boots.html

In fact I wore out the original soles and had the Danner factory repair folks up here in BC do an excellent resole job on them.

I'm not a super heavy fellow - 160lbs - so perhaps I don't go through boots as fast as a 250lb chap might? Anyway I seem to recall these giving better service than any boot I've tried until then.

For reasons that aren't entirely clear to me at this point, I bought a pair of Meindl Canada Pro boots - yes the Canadian ones and not the Cabela's ones - about 3 years ago.

To be honest I have a bit of buyer's remorse on the Meindl boots as they were a bear to break in. The Danner's were literally good to go when I left the store in Oroville, WA.

A buddy of mine bought a pair of Santiam boots about the same time as I bought the Meindl's and he's very happy with them. He spent much less than I did too....

Anyway, we hunt the south central section of BC where were in pretty rough terrain most days and although it can be wet, it isn't like the coastal jungle by any means.

Hopefully that was some use to you and good luck on your upcoming hunts this fall.

Regards,
Dwayne
When I first moved to Alaska those were the same boots I used for about 3 years but the Hood Lights I had also had a synthetic membrane on the sides which made them lighter. I'd buy them again is they are built as solidly as they were back then.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead