I have been using a pair of Cabela's Elk Hunters for 8 seasons now and just love them. Comfy! Mine are the 400 gm, I believe. I have a backup pair that I picked up when Cabela's was having a great sale but haven't had to go to them yet. I also have a pair of Santiams but haven't used them yet. I just don't see my current pair of Elk Hunters failing any time soon.

Cabela's still lists all 3 versions (uninsulated, 400 gm, 600 gm) as made in the USA. They're not listed on Danner's website as they're sold under the Cabela's brand.

If you get them, you will not be sorry. Just make sure to order a EE if your foot runs on the wider side. Whatever you do, avoid the imported models - if you search reviews of Danner boots, you'll find many complaints of the imported ones having issues with waterproofing and delaminating of the soles. You'll pay more for a US made boot up front, but the money is well worth it - and most of the US models can be resoled when the time comes.

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.