Originally Posted by trouthunterdj
Originally Posted by Load
Originally Posted by roundoak

Some of you may recall, I believe it was last year a fire member, got hold of a Danner/Lacrosse employee discount code number. It was half price on all footwear and I ordered three pair of the Sierras...one each for my son and nephew and of course, for myself. The discount was meant only for employees but Danner honored it.

For clarity - That code was a friends and family code that was good for one day online. Anyone could use it. They were trying to clear a ton of inventory. Which they did. I also got one and passed it along to every hunter I knew. Saved lots of people a ton of money. If they do it again I'll post it on the fire. I was only a lurker last year when it came out.

That's not exactly correct. They were not expecting the code to hit the web like it did. I contacted their customer service when I couldn't order my boots and had to let them know which Danner employee gave me the code. This year they are giving their buyers and dealers a certain number of codes to give out to friends and family. This is the reason I am asking the question.

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I need to purchase a pair from the website so the Elk hunters frpm Cabelas are out. I have a pair of Kenetreks Mountain Extreme with 400 grams of insulation that I love. The Kenetreks can be a bit stiff at times for Iowa hunting so I may go with a pair of Santiams or Trophy.

Thanks again

ddj

my mistake.