I heard Boehner on Greta last night. She asked him very directly if there was an 'appetite' to 'drastically change our current tax system with anything remotely resembling 999 or any other plan'. He about spun himself into orbit trying to say he favors "flattening and simplifying" the current tax code but wouldn't say what he really meant to say which was "Heck NO there's no appetitie for that Greta! If you do something like 999 and elminate all deductions and exemptions, how in the world are we suppose to buy votes! We've worked for a couple of generations to get our current tax system to be the ultimate vote buying scheme and it works great. Nobody even knows what their affective tax rate is and we can change their rate without them even knowing. Plus we can always threaten to raise taxes on the other/bad guy to buy even more votes. Stop trying to mess up a good thing!"
So yes, Congress will be resistent but if Cain gets elected, it will be in good measure because of this tax overhaul. I realize they have short memories but members of Congress would be wise not to ignore the voting public yet again.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me