Matt requested a Marlin XL 7, since he owns several of them as I gather... one in an 06 and then also a short action, I think he said 243...

he has given me the desired specs of the barrel...

now I just need to wait for the funds to start being received in the mail..

He also would just like to duplicate the scope he has on his 30/06, which is a Redfield 3 x 9 with the circle x reticle...

Several members have FFLs and are offering the rifles to be secured for their cost plus shipping...

Matt and I have also spoken on whose barrel he would like, and he is not particular....

he'll be home in May, and I'd like to have this done and available to him by then...

several other guys have also offered reloading dies and some left over bullets from their Whelans...

tomorrow morning this endeavor will be only 72 hour old.. and it has come together quickly...

I have been returning PMs as fast as I can, schedule permitting..I am also putting my mobile phone number on those PMs in case anyone desires to call me regarding the project here..

per the suggestion of another forum member, we are also going to start a second project for a forum member who has not been back from the 'Stan very long at all...

Will try to keep folks posted on this..and its progress..

it would be great if anyone knows how to ask management to allow this to stay as a sticky...help would be appreciated..

best regards
john chr
seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez