Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
Originally Posted by Tony
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
Well, I'm really getting ready for this now. I just ordered some Norma brass from Grafs and a box of 225 gr. Nosler Partitions from Midway USA. I should have everything I need to start building some loads when I get home on R&R leave.

Interested to see how those shoot compared to the 225 gr TSX. wink

I'll admit I've never tried the Barnes bullets yet, primarily because I know Noslers work and cost less. If I get better accuracy with the TSX's though, I'll just as happily hunt with them as the Noslers. It might be tough to do though, I've got a .48" 100 yard group with 100 gr. nosler partitions in a Marlin XS7 .243 and a .75" 100 yard group with 180 gr. Nosler partisions in a Marlin XL7 30-06. I'm not a competition shooter, so accuracy any better than that is really not necessary. It's still entirely possible that the 35 Whelen will like the Barnes bullets better though.

From experience I know the Barnes works exceedingly well, at least on elk and moose. In my Whelen's they are also more accurate. This coming from a Nosler fan. You will get to try the TSX. Let us know how it shoots.