Every time I come home from a deployment, I notice my wife leaning over and peeking at the speedometer occasionally. I get so used to poking along scrutinizing every piece of trash that I find it hard to drive the speed limit. 45 or so in a 65 is about the norm until I get used to it. crazy The hardest part is resisting the urge to drive way around every broke-down vehicle since to me it represents a potential VBIED.

I just want to take a sec to express my heart-felt gratitude to all of you folks who have participated in this project. And especially to SeaFire. It's never happened to me before and I find myself in awe of the generosity of so many who have never even met me. All of you enthusiastically offered your time, money and posessions simply because of my chosen profession. It means a LOT to me and I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. This will be a rifle that I will someday be proud to pass on to my son.

By the way, Nifty two fifty - do you ride motorcycles? The "high-side" reference clued me in. wink

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."