First off, don't twist my words around to make it sound like I 'forced' anything on this gun.. I said I got the barrel to go on "with much force". The barrel went on hard with the use of "much force", much effort, much pressure, much energy, call it what you want, but don't say I FORCED anything with this gun. I'd never force ANYTHING on ANY firearm. So don't make it sound like I took a hammer to it and 'FORCED' anything. Yes, the gun is new. It was bought off of GB from a place in Arizona, and tracking actually shows, both guns, came out of a warehouse in Minnesota. Yes, it is a tournament skeet with grade 4, beautiful wood, with external chokes. I thought about using locktite on the tubes, but then I thought, "I shouldn't have to do this to a gun". I shoot a ton of trap, skeet, sporting clays, etc. and have guns I shoot with external chokes. I always check my tubes whether they are internal or external, and only on a rare occasion will I EVER find a choke tube a little loose. Plus a new gun should NOT misfire and damage the ejected hulls like this gun does. A loose choke tube can be dangerous and cause and accident/injury. I'm a hunter safety instructor, and I have a choke tube that was destroyed because it was loose in the barrel. I use it as an example, passing it around the class, as to what can happen if the choke tube isn't screwed in all the way. I own over 20 other Remington shotguns and rifles. I've always been a die hard Remington guy, but this experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to the quality of their current line of firearms.

Last edited by hunter01; 02/08/12.