Reading this thread was more fun than when granny caught her tit in the wringer.

While I agree that the original poster is way out of line, I also firmly believe that Remington has gone to hell in a handbasket and I will not buy another Remlin until something changes drastically. I have a Remington 700 ADL .270 that is incredibly accurate but it is ten years old. Last fall my son insisted that the only way he could hunt deer in the proper manner was with a levergun so for an early xmas present I bought him a Marlin 336 30-30. The rifle was a POS and was sent back for repair. This was in early November. Finally received it back in January after deer season was closed and they had fixed a problem I was not aware of but did not address the problem it was sent in to fix. The scope mount holes had been drilled out of alignment so badly there was not enough windage adjustment to zero the rifle. Instead of putting a new receiver on or sending back a new rifle, Marlin mounted a one piece base on the rifle and sent in back. The dealer where I bought the rifle graciously refunded our money and we purchased a Glenfield made in the late 60's that is a very nice rifle. In December my 21 year old daughter and I were shopping for a deer/hog rifle for her in a youth model. The Remingtons fit her better but the quality was sadly lacking. When held up side by side with a Vanguard it was really noticeable. My family now owns their first Weatherby.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.