Groupie? Hardly. Your criticism of the 700 trigger would be more believable if you had an actual first hand, working knowledge of the design rather than posting a link to an attorney's site to support your case against it.

The problem with the trigger isn't the design, it's idiots who don't understand the ramifications of tampering with a fire control system they don't understand. The problem is people who try to make something do what it wasn't designed to do, and then blame everyone else when it fails.

CCCC's "friends" trigger may very well have a problem, but his solution isn't going to be found here on the internet, or perusing through court cases of a law firm who specializes in product liability suits against the firearms industry. It will likely be found, simply, by contacting the company directly. If the company fails to address the problem, then he has other options. But since the trigger doesn't have a design "flaw", it can easily be corrected by a competent gunsmith if the owner chooses.

Lock, Stock and Barrel gunworks
SLC, Ut
USMC 69-73

"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life."