Originally Posted by natman

Feel free to copy the illustrations and show how this works, because what your saying doesn't make sense to me as written. There's no spring pushing the top of trigger shoe forward in the manner you describe, although there is one pushing the connector towards the back.

In your illustration of the "uncocked" trigger, the top portion of the connector has come to rest against the sear. Even though the top of the connector has come to a stop, the connector is still moving via the trigger spring and will continue to move until the bottom end of the connector can no longer move, which, because the bottom of the connector sits below the trigger pin, won't occur until the top of the trigger lever pivots forward and comes to rest against the connector which will close the gap.

But if you are having a hard time following this, then take your own "Walker" trigger and test it.

Make sure your gun is empty and pointing in a safe direction. Cycle the bolt and then dry fire the rifle. With the trigger in the fired position, take your finger and push the rear of the trigger shoe forward. It should move. Now release your finger and the shoe should return under it's own steam, or, with the aid of the trigger spring. If it doesn't move, then the trigger spring is set too light.

Pull the trigger apart and study it. What I wrote should make sense.

Lock, Stock and Barrel gunworks
SLC, Ut
USMC 69-73

"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life."