Originally Posted by Ringman
Again I see my inability to communicate. The caliber is a .375. It is on a 8MM Rem Mag case but I say .416 Rem case because I run into so many who never heard of the 8MM Rem Mag. They use the same case. The bullets are Barnes TTSX 250 grains at an average of 3,162 feet per second. The barrel is 27 1/2" long. The groups at 300 yards varied from 2" to 4" at the 300 yard targets.

So now I'm confused. feel free to correct me, because im doing this from memory. 416 rem is a 375 H&H neck'd up to 416. I know they used the 8MM mag case because it supposedly was stronger in the belt area, but in essence its a H&H case. So you are taking a 416 rem/8mm mag case and necking it to 375. Aren't you basically just making a 375 H&H??? Possibly you are changing the shoulder i guess, but wouldn't it be easier to call it a 375 improved. What am I not getting here?

OBTW I've had good luck with Elites but I only use them on my varmint rifles.....nothing larger than a 22-250. For dangerous game rifles i stick with trusted leupolds. Just for my own peace of mind.