Originally Posted by Ringman
[quote]Welcome to the 'fire, ANGCortsair. I hope I can influence you in the proper way to enjoy optics.

Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate your offer.

With my two 4200's, one is 5 years old and the other is the closeout model, I have noticed that they do have some vignetting but nothing you'd notice while shooting. They are very resistant to off-bore light sources unless the source is right behind me. You'd be hard-pressed to find any sub-$500 which doesn't experience the same. Their clarity is excellent. I would put them just a smidge below the Conquest and Minox ZA-5 I own. It takes a while for me to discern any difference between these but there is a difference. Same with light transmission. The RainGuard feature is fantastic. Both of these scopes are on my brushbeater/nasty day rifles and they take abuse and deal with the elements.

I think that your average hunter will be well-equipped for life with a 4200 atop their rifle. You can definitely find better glass out there but not easily for less than $400. At the closeout pricing they're being offered for now the are only rivaled by the Minox open-box pricing that is currently available. Prior to these offers I felt that the $400 Conquests were the best bargain.