"I" is the operative word in your post. Your eyes can not use the exit pupil, so you do not get the benefit.

Here's the problem with your assessment. My son-in-law, who can see in the dark without a flashlight, comes to the same conclussions I do. He doesn't need as much magnification as I do, but has discovered exit pupil is irrelevant in the real world. He still uses Nikon 7-15X35 binos and a Tasco 4-16X40 on his Savage 7Mag.

Anybody able to utilise the full exit pupil will notice the scope "darkening" as magnification increases

I have noticed the darkening. More so in the Bushnell 6500 than in the Swaro z5.

I urge you to never forget - that below your riflescope is a barrel. Scopes are for aiming; not for identification.

This is not the thread for safety, but since I started this thread and am not disapointed when threads go a different direction I will agree with your encouragement. I use either my unaided eyes or binos to discover game. But the second I see game and can't identify it as legal or not the higher magnification rifle scope is on it. My rifle scope is for verifying the game is legal and for aiming at said game if it is legal. Last year I found a buck and could not count the points because it was too far for the 8X binos. When I put the rifle scope on the buck I could see it was legal in a three point minimum area. It was a 3X4.

I am discussed when folks show up at the range and pretend like they are carrying a bullet proof gun case. Also when some finish a magazine of ammo they carelessly point the gun at any shooters at the table beside them. Most unnerving.

Also I know, my healthy young eyes would resolve still same antlers for me with your binos.

I look forward to the time you get to Southern Oregon and give me a call. When you finish the binos I will take you for pie and coffee or just a drink.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter