Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Stick, the guy, Jeff O PM'd me a question about how to make his life easier and more profitable in the machine shop.
I responded asking for clarification and that was provided.
I wrote a rather long PM back outlining how his aims could be achieved in the most expeditious manner short of a new million dollar CNC mill and the SOB didn't even read the freaking thing.
He's been here since and must have a flashing icon but the SOB is obstinately refusing to open it.
I have half a mind to delete the whole thing!

Whoa! Big storm here today. Power was out, Internet out, cell phones weren't working until just recently. Check my post history for today- one early am if memory serves but I've been disconnected since.

PLEASE don't delete your PM! It was mucho appreciated. I skimmed it, saw I was gonna need to ry digest it, couldn't get back to it today. Out in the shop spinning the rotab right now!

Jeff, curious about what your makin in your new shop?

Parts for various sized agricultural filters, in aluminum, Delrin, PVC, stainless and bronze. Lots of "disks" with various features machined into them and holes d/t'd etc, and sch 80 tube that's got recesses for the discs. Seems like even when I'm on the mill I'm working in circles! smile

The designer has done a good job of making the parts manufacturable. Tolerances are tight- custom press-fit in some cases- but less critical in others. I still strive to nail any dimension within a thou or two even when it's not called out that way, because it makes me happy.

It's been an adventure getting it up and running, especially because of the timing with the accident, but I'm gittin' 'er done.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!