Ken:
<br>
<br>I am working on the process of deciding on my next rifle ... a .338 caliber, and the crazy, completely irrational, but highly exciting prospect of developing my own wildcat struck me. So I come to the master to ask his sage advice. This whole notion is just an idea, so I guess I come to you to see how practical it may or may not be. I understand and accept that I'll need to get reamers and dies custom made. So be it.
<br>
<br>Ken, I want a .338 on a .532 rimless case, 2.62" trim-to length, with a neck of .340". I want no belt, and a body taper to .515 at the shoulder, with a shoulder angle of 35 degrees.
<br>
<br>Basically, I want a .300 Winchester case optimized for the .338 bore, with no belt, no rebated rim, minimal body taper, and a full-caliber neck length, all to work in a standard action.
<br>
<br>A. Is there a similar case already in production?
<br>
<br>B. Is there a "parent" case that has a .532 base diameter with no belt and no rebated rim.
<br>
<br>C. What am I missing?
<br>
<br>D. Would you recommned it?
<br>
<br>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine