Ken,
<br>
<br>Many thanks sir, for all your help with the cartridge design.
<br>
<br>Coming up with a brand new design was not my intention. There is a 9.3mm/404 die set listed on Huntingtons webpage. Since I have no clue as to what this cartridge actually looks like, I have no way of knowing if it's what I had in mind.
<br>
<br>Quickly looking at the specs in my old "Cartridges of the World" book, I see that the 404 and the 375H&H case length, and overall length, are within several thousands of each other.
<br>
<br>What is not listed, is case capacity for these two cartridges. Narturally, I assume the 404 is larger. Belts don't really bother me, as I've had no problems with them.
<br>
<br>How about magazine capacity? I'm stuck with Winchester M70 Classic actions, because I shoot left-handed. Sure there's other brands, but either at much expense, or they're not yet released.
<br>
<br>Seems like both cases have fairly long necks. That brings me to think that neither .338 or .366 caliber bullets would extend into the case very deep. That's with the "express" version of the brass your designing. Perhaps it may be a concern with the "short" version, but after my experiences with the 416 Taylor, I'm not looking for a "short" case.
<br>
<br>Given that the standard M70 Classic action can be machined to accept 375H&H length cartridges, I see no reason to stay with the shorter version. That of course is a personal decision, and others may feel different.
<br>
<br>What I really need to do, is look up the different 9.3mm bullets that are being made, decide which one I want to shoot, then try and figure out just how fast I need it to travel, to meet my goals of a medium range (300- 600 yards) cartridge for the game I intend to shoot.
<br>
<br>My only fear, is that I'll find a perfectly suitable factory cartridge, which meets those needs...
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Thanks again!
<br>

Brian